Short and numeric .tel domains
From 1st June 2011 you will be able to register a numeric-only or a short two-character .tel.
Who is it for
Companies with 2-letter or all-numeric brands or trademarks
Vanity number operators or those wanting to get keyboard-numeric versions of their names
Individuals who want to be known by their initials or with a penchant for lucky numbers
Businesses using shortcodes for marketing and support services
How it works
- What: two-character (aa.tel or a1.tel) and numeric-only domains between 2 and 7 digits with or without hyphens
- How: First-come first-served basis through any .tel accredited registrar or their reseller that is participating in Landrush. A list of registrars supporting the program will be published at http://telnic.org/get-started-buy.html prior to the launch date.
- When: From 3 p.m. BST on June 1st for Landrush; from 3 p.m. BST on June 14th for general availability
- How much: Landrush will be at premium pricing, while general availability at regular pricing to be set by ICANN-accredited registrars and their resellers
The following domains will not be available for registration in this program:
- One-letter (from a.tel through to z.tel) and one-digit domains (from 0.tel through to 9.tel)
- Two-character country code top level domains (ccTLDs, such as uk.tel)
- Combinations of digits and/or digit and hyphen strings that contain eight or more characters (for example, 12345678.tel or 123-5678.tel)