Professionals have yet to take advantage of a .tel domain to brand their online image and identity. The only reason must be a lack of knowledge.
Never has anything so powerful and inexpensive been ignored by the business community.
A .tel is a new TLD that allows the domain owner to store, publish, and handle contact information and search terms directly in the Domain Name System (DNS), the worldwide system that stores locations of all the web sites in the world.
For the first time, anyone can use the DNS system to store information other than the location of websites.
16 Factors to Consider – Personal and/or Business .tel:
1. Claim your name. Thousands of Robert Joneses and John Smiths share the same name. Own the domain.
2. Organize your info. Add your contact information, text, images, search phrases, and locality in several public and private profiles.
3. No internet hosting necessary. Your information is stored directly in the DNS structure and does not require independent web hosting.
4. Low-cost. Domains are available for less than $20 per year – and no additional hosting required.
5. Profiles. You control what visitors see. You can have separate public, private, work, home, vacation, or any other profiles.
6. Business directory. Create folders for different offices or list employee extensions.
7. Mobile friendly. Your .tel domain will load almost instantly and read easily in any smartphone.
8. Professional profile and branding. Own your identity, no matter who you currently work for.
9. SEO optimized. Ranks high in the search engines. Inside a day or so, YourName.tel will most likely show on the first page of Google when someone searches for "Your Name". Be discovered more quickly via search engines. Structured information, keywords and phrases, and hyperlinks to a domain name all enable search engines to determine the importance and purpose of the .tel.
10. One contact. You can make YourName.tel you single lifetime point of contact. Regardless of where you live in the world, your information is accessible to clients and customers.
11. Make modifications almost instantaneously. Updates are visible in seconds.
12. Branding. Put your .tel on your business cards, websites, and sig files. Your information is always up to date at all times. For kicks, you can make a simple business card that only shows "YourName.tel".
13. Simple. Your friends, relatives, and business contacts will always know where to go to obtain an email address or phone number.
14. Location. If you choose, you can include a map to your location.
15. Keywords. Utilize an unlimited number of keywords and phrases to market yourself. You can tell people where you work, your hobbies, your skills, anything you want to share publicly, and show a photo or logo for easy recognition.
16. One-click dialing. If you include a phone number in your profile, you can click the number to dial – especially important on a mobile phone.
No platform comes without a downside. Remember, the info you make public is available to everyone online.
Info not to include:
* Social Security Number
* date of birth
* home address
* bank information
* financial details
Your username and password are all that you need to login to the .tel control panel. Never share this login with anyone.
Once you have set up your .tel, I recommend you post the link on business cards, online business profiles, websites, blogs, and anywhere you would be able to generate business leads or assist your current clients or customers